Trekking, bikes, kayaks … to conquer authentic Sicily by seas and volcanoes!
On one side Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, and on the other side the Aeolian Islands, splendid jewels set in the blue of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
The most beautiful corners of these two paradises are an exclusive privilege of those who love to devote themselves to the activity in different ways: hiking on foot to test the warmth of a volcanic land but also the bike, to enter the diversity of Etna’s landscapes, and Kayak to discover that in the Aeolian Islands even the sea is … volcanic! A visit to the ancient castle of Lipari for an immersion in the ancient history of the Mediterranean and finally a well-deserved “slow” lunch to conclude a journey that is a true authentic experience between the four elements!
The price includes
- 2 nights in a *** hotel in Catania
- 1 night in a chalet on Etna in multiple rooms in FB (dinner + packed lunch)
- 3 nights in HB residence (dinner) in Vulcano and Lipari
- 1 night in BB residence in Lipari
- Meals according to program
- Transfer according to schedule
- Transfer to and from airport G1 and G8 (2 rotations included)
- Transfer to “Al Numero Zero” Lipari G5
- Hydrofoils according to the program*
- Rental of electric bicycles for activities
- Tourist boat for Panarea and Stromboli
- Lipari museum entrance ticket
- Kayaking activity (half day)
- French-speaking guide throughout the trip
- Aeolian islands entrance fee (5€pp)
- Tourist tax Catania (1,50€ pp/notte)
- Tourist tax Vulcano €5
- Tourist tax Stromboli 5€
- Mediterranean Trekking Assistance h24
The price doesn’t include:
- Drinks (excluding lunch on day 5 in Lipari)
- Entrance to museums or archaeological sites (excluding the regional museum of Lipari on day 5)
- The excursion to the summit craters of Etna
- Personal extras and expenses
- Everything not expressly indicated in “the price includes”
- The program is subject to variations according to volcanological bulletins and weather and sea conditions.
- The visit to the museum of Lipari being included in the travel package will not be refunded if the customer decides not to take part.
Discover the accompanied circuit of Trekking, Bikes, Kayaks in Sicily
A guided tour with several fantastic activities through the Volcanoes of Sicily perfect for trekking enthusiasts and for those who want to live an unforgettable experience.
Day 2 - Etna Sud - Etna Nord
Private transfer to Etna Sud, one of the main stations of the volcano: the Rifugio Sapienza, where traces of the last destructive eruption are clearly visible (2002).
Departure for the excursion Schiena dell’Asino. This route will allow you to admire the spectacle of the Valle del Bove and enjoy a magnificent view of the bay of Catania while discovering the morphology of this surprising volcano.
After walking on the edge of the Valle del Bove, we descend to the Acqua Rocca degli Zappini pass to finally reach Piano del Vescovo in the middle of a forest of Ginstre dell’Etna.
Packed lunch during the excursion.
Walking time: about 5 hours • Altitude difference: + 200 / -650 m
At the end of the excursion, private transfer to the north side of Etna, where the dense pine forests make the atmosphere magical. Chalet installation in multiple rooms, dinner and night.
Optional: possibility to make the excursion to the summit craters of Etna *
Departure from Rifugio Sapienza with group volcanologist guide (about 25 people); ascent by cable car up to 2500 meters, continuation in 4×4 up to 2900 meters, continuation on foot to the edge of the crater. On the way back, walk downhill through a panoramic point on the Valle del Bove.
Packed lunch during the excursion.
Walking time: about 5 hours • Altitude difference: + 425m / -845m
Day 3 - Etna- Lipari
Breakfast at the refuge, departure to discover the landscapes of the e-bike volcano *: crossing ancient flows, lava fields, woods and small refuges, we will enter the heart of this mountain of a thousand colors, always accompanied by the scenery of the sea in the background and followed by eye of the crater of the volcano.
At the end of the activity, return to the chalet for a light lunch. In the afternoon private transfer to Milazzo, boarding by hydrofoil to Lipari, accommodation in residence, dinner, night.
* This activity is recommended for those who are familiar with mountain biking and who are in good physical condition.
Day 4 - Panarea-Stromboli
Breakfast in hotel or residence, at noon boarding on tourist boat for Panarea and Stromboli. Stop in Panarea, the most “chic” island, for a light lunch. Continuation of navigation towards Stromboli, the “queen” of the Aeolian islands.
Upon arrival, departure for the excursion on the edge of the “Sciara del Fuoco” up to about 400 meters, to admire the spectacle of explosions between sea and sky. Packed dinner during the excursion. Return by boat, return to Lipari, night.
Day 5 - Lipari- Vulcano
Breakfast in hotel or residence. Morning dedicated to the discovery of the center of Lipari which, with its fortified citadel, testifies to the history of the Aeolian islands and the whole Mediterranean. Visit (included) of the regional museum where traces of the different civilizations that have followed in the archipelago are visible. Especially The section of marine archeology.
After the visit, we move to “Al Numero Zero” where a panoramic terrace awaits you for a “slow” lunch based on typical products. In the afternoon, walk back to the port (about 30 minutes), boarding for Vulcano, accommodation in residence, dinner and overnight stay.
* Your guide is a hiking guide who is not authorized to provide explanations inside the museum, where only cultural guides can accompany them. Your visit will be free (at your choice you can book a cultural guide on site for explanations)
Day 6 - Vulcano
Breakfast in hotel or residence. After a briefing with a professional and passionate instructor, the kayaking activity begins to discover the coast of Vulcanello, for an approach to the island from an observation point … different!
Ability to observe the emissions of underwater gases, characteristic of this pulsating island! Light lunch In the afternoon excursion to the Grand Crater of the Fossa, for
admire the fumaroles and sulfur crystals, accompanied by a breathtaking view of the archipelago. Dinner and night in a residence.
Kayaking activity time: 4h30h