Milazzo, Marinello Nature Reserve, Tindari
A day spent discovering the Tyrrhenian coast and her treasures; we’ll travel from Capo Milazzo, with its crystal-clear sea, to the Sanctuary of Tindari, where we can admire the spectacular view of the bay below. After lunch in a local restaurant, we’ll go on a pleasant walk around Marinello’s “laghetti”, or little lakes, a very unusual area because of its proximity to the sea. A boat trip around the cliffs and sea caves completes an unforgettable day!
- 09:00 Pick-up at your hotel. Departure from Messina to Milazzo for a pleasant walk in the Capo Milazzo nature reserve in order to see the spectacular “Piscine di Venere” (Venus’ swimming pools). (Walk lasts approx. 1 hr 30 m).
- 12:30 Departure for Tindari, an ancient Roman site, to visit the Sanctuary which enjoys a spectacular position on a cliff top that stands sheer over the sea. Lunch in a local restaurant with a menu based on typical local products.
- 15:00 Departure on our walk which takes us along a path to the Marinello Lakes nature reserve. Departure from here for a boat trip towards Mongiove where the sea has worn away the rocks, creating beautiful caves.
- Walk around the lakes to see the typical plants in the area and to have a swim in the sea.
- 18:00pm approx. Return to Messina by car/minibus. Drop-off at your hotel.