Gole dell’Alcantara and visit to Taormina
A day spent discovering the Alcantara river and its basalt canyon, and the beautiful town of Taormina – a full-immersion into nature and the charm of Sicily, a land of myths, art, traditions and beauty!
The Gole dell’Alcantara will surprise you with the unusual rock to be found there; the interaction between lava and water has created polyhydral rock, among which the crystal-clear waters of the river flow. A pleasant walk leads us to the heart of the gorge where nature can be seen in all its power. Taormina, sitting between Etna and the blue of the Ionian sea, is the most popular summer destination in southern Italy.
Known as the Pearl of the Mediterranean, it is still the favourite place for finding inspiration for numerous writers, artists and travellers from all over the world, who come here to find “La Dolce Vita” in its labyrinth of little streets, its belvedere and its Greek Theatre..
The magic of this little town will enchant you!
- 09:15 PPick-up at your hotel. Departure from Messina by car/minibus. A local guide will accompany you all day.
- Arrival at the Gole dell’Alcantara; we will go inside the gorge with our guide for a beautiful walk along the river, and there’ll be the opportunity to have a swim.
- Lunch in an agriturismo restaurant, with local specialities on the menu. Continue on to Taormina, free time to visit the centre with its panoramic viewpoint, Corvaja Palace and the main street, Corso Umberto I, with its boutiques and famous ice-cream shops.
- Opportunity to visit the Greek Theatre (approx €10 per person) or the beach at Isola Bella.
- 18:00 approx, return to Messina and drop-off at your hotel..
Included in the price:
Lunch in a farmhouse (water included)
Gole Alcantara stairway access
Minimum 3 participants, maximum 8 participants (for smaller or larger groups contact the company and ask for availability).
To book, write to email@example.com and specify your name, surname, telephone number and reference hotel.
Advance payment is required