Aeolian Islands Trekking – Island of Vulcano
A day spent discovering one of the Aeolian Islands: Vulcano.
Did you know that the word “volcano” comes from this island? The archipelago is one of UNESCO’S World Heritage Sites because of its incredible volcanic activity, easily observable on a pleasant walk on the Gran Cratere della Fossa, which constantly produces sulphuric gases.
Don’t forget we are on an island though – so how about a beautiful boat trip round it? And, to finish, a seafood lunch and a glass of the local “Malvasia” are a must!
- 08:15 Pick-up at your hotel. Departure from Messina to Milazzo by car/minibus. A local guide will accompany you all day.
- 09:30 Board hydrofoil. Arrival on Vulcano, boat trip round the island (approximately 2 hrs 30m) so that we can admire the coast and the best caves and natural swimming pools, where we can have a swim.
- 1 p.m. Lunch in a local restaurant, with a seafood-based menu and local products.
- 3:30 p.m. Departure on our trek up to the Gran Cratere della Fossa to see the volcanic vents and enjoy incredible views of the other islands.
- 6:20 p.m. Return to Milazzo by hydrofoil, and onward to Messina by car/minibus. Drop-off at your hotel.