Northern Etna Trekking – the volcano and Monti Sartorius
Excursions every Friday
A day spent discovering Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, with its magnificent lunar landscapes, ancient craters and recent lava flows. Our excursion takes place on the northern slope of the volcano where vegetation is particularly rich and the force of nature makes itself felt.
A walk along the edges of ancient craters will bring us to the heart of the volcano so that we can see close-up what the environment is like.
Trekking is the best way to experience this unique place; join us for a day in the heart of nature!
- 08:45Pick-up at your hotel. Departure from Messina to Milazzo by car/minibus. A local guide will accompany you all day./li>
- 10:15 Our first stop on the volcano is at the Clan dei Ragazzi Refuge, where we’ll learn about Etna’s origins, structure and recent eruptions.
- 10:45 Arrival at Monti Sartorius, departure on our trek (approximately 2 hours) along this line of ancient craters, in order to understand and experience first-hand the nature of volcanoes and discover Etna’s typical plants.
- Picnic with local products at the Clan dei Ragazzi Refuge, surrounded by a pinewood.
- Visit to the Grotta dei Ladroni (Ladroni Cave), a striking lava tunnel.