Trekking Etna North-West Grotta del Burò and Randazzo
Located on the northern slope of Etna, in Randazzo territory, the trail takes its name from the nearby lava flow cave, called Burò, which came to light due to the natural sinking of the vault of an ancient lava flow tunnel. The route, which starts from the equipped area located nearby, runs for over two kilometers and has a vertical drop of about 200 meters.
The landscape is characterized by works of agrarian transformation such as terracing, trazzere, dry stone walls, stone “casudde” and sheepfolds, which represent typical elements of the peasant culture on the slopes of Etna and that only here are so evident and well preserved.
Degree of difficulty: easy
Total duration: 5 hours (including picnic)
The service includes
- AIGAE Naturalistic Guides (Italian Environmental Excursion Guides) Italian / English / French
- Pick-up / Drop-off with minibus 9 seats with regular NCC license (Rental With Driver)
- Equipment for tourist caves
- Equipment for bird-watching activities
- Snowshoes for the winter
- For all excursions, the equipment must include trekking shoes, a backpack containing water, a breakfast bag, a spare, a k-way or similar, a hat.
- The excursions can be changed or canceled at the discretion of the guides in case of adverse weather conditions and / or anything else that should prevent the smooth running of the program.